Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meet Franklin!



VGSR saves many dogs throughout the year - some are purebred German Shepherds, others are mixes, and for some, it may be hard to detect any Shepherd DNA.  They are all members of the VGSR family. Each and every one of these dogs deserves to find his or her forever family and we work very hard to find the right loving home for each dog.  Our blog is going to include feature stories on some of these deserving dogs.  Franklin is the first of our current fosters to be highlighted.  He’s a sweet boy who is patiently waiting for his new family. Perhaps, you are who he’s been waiting for -

Hi, I'm Franklin. As you can see, I'm not really a German Shepherd dog but I live with one and she's teaching me how to behave.  According to the DNA test that my foster mom had done for me, I'm ½ Siberian Husky, ¼ Rhodesian Ridgeback,


and ¼ American Staffordshire Terrier. I'm 3-1/2 years old, neutered, current on my shots, and weigh about 66 lbs. I am housetrained and haven't had an accident. I like other dogs, like my foster sister and I will even put up with that yappy little Pomeranian next door. I love people and I am fond of children. They could pet me all day and I wouldn't mind. I will chase cats and squirrels, though.
Lots of things have changed for me since I got to my foster home right before last Christmas. I've passed basic obedience and walk nicely on a leash. I am still a little anxious in new situations but I love going to doggie daycare.  I take some anxiety medicatio

Franklin  - Thinking
n but my foster mom has cut down on my Prozac so I get only 10 mg every other day.  I love the calming treats from Drs Foster and Smith that I get every day. I wear my calming collar and it smells like roses, which makes me happy. I can be left loose in the house with my sister doggie up to 4 hours and I don't chew anything. But PLEASE don't put me in a crate! I get anxious and scared and try to escape.  
Franklin - taking a stroll

The only thing is that I to run like my husky and ridgeback ancestors. I can climb a fence if there's a foothold. So, I am never off leash and I like to be walked 4 -6 times a day. If you leave cake out on the counter I will help myself...it's so yummy! Otherwise, I eat grain-free dog food and it's good for my coat and my tummy. I would love to have a real home with loving people who are around most of the day and a doggie sibling to keep me company.
Hope to meet you soon.
Warmest wags,
Franklin

Please contact my foster mom at gsrmdrescue@yahoo.com for more information about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment